For The Presenters
· Please do your homework!
· First, talk to the organization you wish to support, preferably the director or president.
· Get a commitment from them that they will NOT add us individually to their donor list or any other solicitation.
· Gather all facts and statistics you can share with the group. We want to make an educated decision. Remember you only have 5 minutes to present and another 5 minutes to answer questions.
· Presentations are NOT to include multi-media e.g. PowerPoint slides. Rather, come prepared to speak from the heart. Handouts are acceptable.
· Verify that the charity is not financially supported or affiliated with a national group. It can however, receive federal, state, and/or city dollars. All dollars must remain in the metro area.
· If this is a worthy cause instead of a charity is it still tax deductible? If the charity/cause is NOT tax-deductible you must inform the group during your presentation and before a vote is cast.
· Come prepared! You are responsible for our member’s donations.